Thursday, October 20, 2011

they stole

Now I’m not a person who is interested in taxes or the government, but when I read there was a law that involved tax increase, I was stunned. I talked to my dad about it and he was furious. He explained to me what retro active is, it is not good in this situation. My dad explained it to me like this. “ James, imagine the president passed a law that you had to wear your underpants on the outside, and the government saw a picture of you with your underpants on the inside from before the law was passed. They would charge you for breaking the law. “Well wait a minute? I said but the law wasn’t passed when they took my picture with my underwear under my pants, that’s not fair!” I said. “Exactly” he said. “that’s what  retroactive is, its influencing or applying to a period prior to enactment”
I did not like this, they were asking for money as far back as January. Then my dad told me something worse, a whole bunch of people signed this because they needed money. Well, I don’t think people will want to pay. I mean its literally stealing money from the people’s pockets, aside from that they are already protesting against the president, so who will pay? The answer is almost nobody. EVERYONE is angry, and everyone has the right to sue the government. It is against the Cyprus constitution to pass a law like this one. Hopefully, this will end soon. Cyprus may never be the same after what happened this year, but hopefully it will regenerate a similar, but better society and government.

No comments:

Post a Comment